Conditions of Carriage
Get to know the conditions for flights to and from Canada.
- As used in this contract "ticket" means "Passenger ticket and baggage check", of which these "Conditions of Contract" form part of. "Electronic ticket" means the itinerary and/or receipt expressed for or on behalf of the contractual carrier, the electronic coupons and, in his case, a boarding document issued in substitution of the ticket and all subject to these Conditions of Contract. "Contractual Carrier" means every air carrier who transports or promises to transport the passenger and his baggage hereunder or who realizes any other service related to the above mentioned air transport; "Marketing Carrier" means every carrier other than the cContractual Carrier, issuing the ticket and all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger and/or his baggage there under or undertake to perform any other services related to such air carriage. "Montreal Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air, signed at Montreal on May 28th, 1999. "Warsaw Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air, signed at Warsaw on October 12th, 1929, or the above-mentioned Convention as it has been amended at The Hague on September 28th, 1955; Or in Montreal on September 25th, 1975. "SDG" means Special Drawing Rights as defined by the International Monetary Fund.
- Carriage performed by reason of this contract as for the liability of the Carrier, whether Contractual or Marketing, may be subject to either the Montreal Convention or the Warsaw Convention according to the origin and destination points as well as to any other regulations applicable according to the country of origin or destination.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing, carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: 1) conditions contained in this ticket; 2) the applied fare and its conditions; 3) carrier's Conditions of Carriage and related regulations which are made part of this contract and are available at the offices of the carrier.
- Carrier's name may be abbreviated in the ticket, whenever the full name and his abbreviation appear in the manuals, regulations and timetables of the carrier; Carrier's address shall be the airport of departure shown in front of the first abbreviation of carrier's name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in Carrier's timetables as scheduled stopping places for the passenger's route; Carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation
- The Carrier who issues a ticket for flights or services of another carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of the carrier will apply to and be for the benefit of his agents, employees or representatives, when they act within the scope of their employment.
- Checked Baggage will be delivered to the bearer of the baggage checked. In the case of damage, the person entitled to delivery must complain to the carrier in writing forthwith after the discovery of the damage, and, at the latest, within 7 days from the date of receipt. In the case of delay, the complaint must be made at the latest within 21 days from the date on which the baggage has been placed at his or her disposal. "Damage" means destruction, loss or damage.
- This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier's fares, conditions of carriage or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Carrier undertakes to perform reasonable commercial efforts to carry passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetable or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no liability for missing nor guarantees making connections.
- It is an obligation for the passenger to comply with government travel requirements, and to present exit, entry, visas, and other required documents, and to arrive at the airport at the time fixed by the carrier and early enough to complete check-in and departure procedures.
- Carrier reserves the right to refuse to and/or to interrupt without any liability whatsoever the carriage of any person or passenger: (a) with health problems or that appears to be under the influence of alcohol or intoxicated any of which may pose a threat to the security and/or safety of the flight and/or fellow persons or passengers; (b) who does not comply with government travel requirements, and does not present exit, entry, visa, and other required documents; or (c) does not arrive at the airport at the time setout by the carrier and early enough to complete check-in and departure procedures.
- Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person who has acquired a ticket in violation of applicable law or carrier's tariffs, rules or regulations
- During tarmac delays occurring in code-share operated flights, the Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan of the operating airline will apply and not the one of the marketing airline.
- No agent, servant or representative of the carrier has the authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.